Menu

Analytical Grammar - how do you schedule this?

Pat in MI

Do you follow the suggested schedule of one unit a week? It looks to be more than my ds would handle. What are some other ways you have scheduled this to break it up even more? And do we really have to do grammar everyday? Ugh! :tongue_smilie: Thanks for looking. I hope someone has some creative ideas. I know I need to teach some grammar to this boy, but this looks so overwhelming. Do I just need to dig into it a little more?

Blessings,

Pat

When we did AG I split the lessons into 2 lessons for different days. I found that while my son was very good at grammar, if I had him do one whole lesson a day he would get bored halfway through and start making errors. Splitting it up solved that. The lessons tend IMO to be overly long. I didn't want to skip half the lesson because it seemed wasteful but my choice was between stretching it into two shorter lessons or risk making grammar a tedious chore to a kid who had previously liked it. We split up the lessons. Taking it in smaller increments worked for us.

Hi Pat,

She does two exercises a week - one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. She also does the Skills Support writing assignment.

I think, however, that it still would be effective if you just wanted to splilt one lesson up over two days, especially if you think it would be too overwhelming for your ds to start off with a whole lesson at a time. My oldest dd handles one lesson a time, but I don't think my next dd will - so possibly I will split the lessons up for her when her AG turn comes around.

HTH

Linda:)