Menu

Sore spot on pregnant belly.

Hi to All,

I am about 17 weeks pregnant and I have a sore spot about an inch or two to the left side of my belly button. I have been in pain for about a week now, and it is still there and painful when I touch it. Has anyboby had experience with something like this? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks.

I had pain in that area a couple weeks ago but I'm much farther along than you. The baby repeatedly kicked me there... HARD! At the same time I had a really bad cough and that spot hurt anytime I had a coughing fit. I just figured it was a sore muscle thing.

Hope you figure out what is bothering you. :confused:

Does it feel like a surface/muscle kind of thing or more deep (internal)?

I struggled a lot with muscle soreness through my midsection. It would frequently be in a single spot and feel very sore. If I could have afforded it I would have gone for a massage on a regular basis. Instead dh figured out how to stretch it to take away the pain.

Did you bump into anything and not realize it? Pregnant bellies can be more sensitive to the mom (baby doesn't know it).

The area around my belly button became sore for my second child; I always attributed it to stretching as I gained more weight with him. I ended up having an umbilical hernia that went unnoticed until a PA found it while I was at Urgent Care seeing if I had a UTI. She noticed it 2 years AFTER I had my son!

That may not be your issue; however, I wanted to share the reason for my belly button soreness so you could mention it to your doctor if this continues to be a concern.

It feels like its just the surface area is sore, maybe just a little underneath. I know the stomach could be tender sometimes due to kicks but I'm just not that far along. So I am getting concerned. I am going to call my doctor on Monday, but I am getting kinda nervous.

Did you bump into anything and not realize it? Pregnant bellies can be more sensitive to the mom (baby doesn't know it).

The area around my belly button became sore for my second child; I always attributed it to stretching as I gained more weight with him. I ended up having an umbilical hernia that went unnoticed until a PA found it while I was at Urgent Care seeing if I had a UTI. She noticed it 2 years AFTER I had my son!

That may not be your issue; however, I wanted to share the reason for my belly button soreness so you could mention it to your doctor if this continues to be a concern.

At first I thought, maybe I bumped it on the sink while doing dishes, but it's just so tender and sore that I'm thinking now it has to be something else going on.

Umbilical hernia? ok, I'm going to google that.

Do you still carry your little ones around? Could it be soreness from picking up or possibly being kicked while carrying a small one?

I hope it status feeling better.

I am still carrying my 17 month old around alot. Maybe that could be causing it.

It's just a little spot about the size of a quarter, so I don't know.

At first I thought, maybe I bumped it on the sink while doing dishes, but it's just so tender and sore that I'm thinking now it has to be something else going on.

Umbilical hernia? ok, I'm going to google that.

Don't stress yet! Many women have umbilical hernias during pregnancy, and that may not even be your issue. As with anything, if you are concerned, calling your doctor is the best advice.

Don't stress yet! Many women have umbilical hernias during pregnancy, and that may not even be your issue. As with anything, if you are concerned, calling your doctor is the best advice.

Man! I should've just called on Friday. Can't wait till Monday, I'm calling first thing in the morning.

I had that with dd who will be 13 next month.

It was at the top right just under my right b***st. She dug her heel into my gall bladder for months!!!!! It was unbelievably painful. When she wasn't doing that, she was kicking my kidneys. But the gall bladder thing was unbelievable.

She was delivered via c-section and the doctor showed dh a peach sized bruise inside my uterus where she had kicked. PEACH SIZED BRUISE!!!!! Doctor said she had never seen anything like that. As soon as she was delivered the pain went away and my gallbladder was fine.