Menu

IEW SWI + WWS at the Same Time?

This has been our approach for a while now. I think they compliment each other well and each bring different skills to the table. My oldest will be doing SCCI-B and continuing WWS next year (she finished SWI-B along with her work on WWE/WWS this year). My twins will be using SWI-A with WWE, and my DS will be continuing with WWE, he finished IEW PAL Writing part 1, we are mixing part two with WWE. DS won't finish up part 3 until 2nd or 3rd, depending on his skill level. My DD's weren't ready for IEW PAL Writing part 3 at the beginning of the year so they are running through it now as a warm up. We don't always do both every day, sometimes we rotate between the programs.

Me too! Sorry for the thread hijack. You can PM me if you'd rather. I'd love to know what grammar, writing and Latin you're using. I think we might be doing similar programs. It would be interesting to hear how you are fitting the various programs into your days.

Grammar: First Language Lessons & Hake Grammar

Writing: IEW, Writing With Skill (WWS) and Killgallon

Latin: Lively Latin, Latin Alive, Visual Latin and Henle

We have pretty full days, but the kids enjoy it.

Thanks so much. This looks similar to the amount we're doing. A little different in each category--some more, some less--but overall similar.

Thanks again!

What IEW are you using? Theme based, or the SWI DVDs, or just TWSS?

These are the combination I am considering. Right now we are doing WWE and SWI A.

Also, what Killgallon are you doing now? Sentence composing for Elementary or the higher level?

What IEW are you using? Theme based, or the SWI DVDs, or just TWSS?

These are the combination I am considering. Right now we are doing WWE and SWI A.

Also, what Killgallon are you doing now? Sentence composing for Elementary or the higher level?

We are doing SWI-A and I have SICC-A lined up for right after it is finished. I am using the Elementary level of Killgallon for now.