Menu

Looking for world geography workbook/suppliment

heidip2p

I'm currenlty using in a co-op class the Trail Guide to World Geogrpahy from Geography Matters, but the student notebook has numerous errors in it (incorrect geog names; missing maps, etc). The people at GM have been very kind and heloful in offering corrections or emailing missing maps,but really, it's been annoying enough that I would not use it again unless it were updated. In the past I used Our World, a worktext from LearnSmart. It's a combination of b/w maps, questions/ info to help fill in the maps (the book actually includes full -colour world maps with the info so you don't need a separate atlas for that), and additonal lessons about cultural matters, etc, around the world. A good basic intro to world geography but "light" for anything over gr 6 or so. And we've always supplemented with assorted books from Usborne, DK, etc, plus children's fiction set around the world.

We are extremely pleased with The Complete Book of Maps and Geography, grades 3-6.

It is one of the best geography supplements I have found.

It is a color, 350-page workbook, and it costs about $10 on Amazon.

That is what I was thinking about. We have the complete book of animals and the kids love it.