Menu

Warning, rant inside!

So, why do people post WTB's and when I respond to their request, I never hear anything from them???

Is this common? If so, maybe that's why relatively few people are responding to MY WTB posts -- they don't even bother to look at the WTB board because they figure they won't be acknowledged anyway?

It would only take a few seconds to click "reply" and type in "Thanks, but I already found this", or "That's more than I wanted to spend. Would you consider reducing your price?"

Thank you for "listening" to my rant. That is all.

So, why do people post WTB's and when I respond to their request, I never hear anything from them???

Is this common? If so, maybe that's why relatively few people are responding to MY WTB posts -- they don't even bother to look at the WTB board because they figure they won't be acknowledged anyway?

It would only take a few seconds to click "reply" and type in "Thanks, but I already found this", or "That's more than I wanted to spend. Would you consider reducing your price?"

Thank you for "listening" to my rant. That is all.

Do you pm them too, or just respond on the thread? How long has it been since they posted the WTB?

I ask those, because if it's been awhile, people may not be checking back much on older posts. They're more likely to check pm's.

I'm sorry this is happening to you! I have had good responses from things I've put up that I want, and also when I respond to others WTB's!

Sometimes I wait for a few answers to collect before responding and sometimes life happens and it's weeks before I check back. I went for months w/o being on the boards this year b/c it was a crazy year hsing my niece. Everyone has different levels of time they can/want to commit to the boards. I doubt they don't appreciate your answer, but things just happened.

Kimm

I understand and I do try to contact everyone who contacts me. Sometimes things happen though, like a few weeks ago I wanted to respond to a PM from someone who was responding to a WTB by me and instead of hitting reply I hit the delete this message button. :tongue_smilie: I was completely not thinking, I actually checked the box and hit delete. That wasn't you was it? Anyway, I know many people just don't respond, but sometimes it is just a mistake or something.

When I respond to the wtb ads, sometimes they respond, but most of the time they don't. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm not too terribly dissappointed and I try not to have any expectations. If they respond great, one less reply to wait for. If they don't reply within 3 days, I let it go.

Claire in NM

How funny! Actually I had a WTB and you responded and I purchased from you. You were the only one who had what I needed it seemed.

I understand your frustration. The same thing happened to me before too. I do PM or email also (which is what you did for me). I figure that I will pass the item along to someone else if they don't respond.