Menu

Humor my basic banking question about online banks

I've have the same back account for a coons age, but unfortunately hubby believed he was told he could "just move" our safety deposit box to a nearer bank (the box is tied to the account). I have no idea what he *was* promised, but this is what he thinks he was told.

But, no, it involves losing all the great perks which now cost money. I'm hoping the damage (aside from losing my safe deposit box, which he closed) is avoidable because I haven't signed the paperwork, yet, but if it isn't, I'm leaving this bank for a bait and switch. IMO, they should have been CLEAR the new policy was not nearly as cherry as my very old one.

I was wondering about online banks. Anyone have *only* an online bank?

All I need a bank for (if I've lost my safe deposit box) is about 4 checks a month, TOPS, one or two ATM w/drawals for cash, TOPS, and direct pay to my credit card, insurance company, YMCA bill, etc. I'm willing to go back to paying for everything by bill and check if I have to.

Any other low cost ideas for my banking needs? I'd rather not pay 120$ a year for my needs. I thank you very much, and so will hubby if I have options that will bring me down off the ceiling.