Menu

Should I see the doctor?

I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically 25 days ago. So I have three very small incisions that are healing nicely. One has already completely healed up....the other two are not far behind. However, during surgery, I was burned. (???) I guess to stop bleeding, they will burn the artery....and it hit my skin somehow. So it left a burn about the size of an eraser head. Well, it scabbed over just fine.

Tonight I looked at my tummy and the edge of the scab was lifted up....and I could see a hole underneath. :001_huh: I don't know how deep it is because it's sort of dark in there LOL. It was oozing a bit....clear that was tinted slightly pink, I guess from a bit of blood. It doesn't hurt at all. The skin around it is pink...which is new skin, I guess.

I put some antibiotic cream on it and covered it.

Should I call the doctor tomorrow? I've never had a scab ooze. I certainly do not want an infection.

Call the surgeon. Did the surgeon suture the little incision? I'm only asking because the "hole" you saw under the scab may be due to a suture that your body didn't absorb. Your body won't heal because it's trying to get rid of the little thread, so you might get a scab, but when it comes off, the hole will still be there. The doctor can usually just pull out the suture (and you might feel a bit of pressure, but it shouldn't be painful, and it will only take a matter of seconds. It happened to me and I was wondering if it would be a big deal, but it honestly was nothing to worry about -- I didn't even need any kind of anesthetic.)