Menu

Am I missing something?

Since TWTM forums changed to this format, I've avoided it like the plague. With the old format, I could see the headers of every post, including replies, just by quickly scrolling down through them. It was easy to find the threads I was following. With this format, I have to open each and every thread to see responses, and if there are several, then I have to open another page of them. When I try to follow a thread, because of the activity level, it takes me forever to find it. Also, with the couple of posts I've ventured, the resonse is so limited, I'm sure that it's because they get buried way down the list and few people even see them. With the "old" way, I could scan down headers and quickly tell if there was anything new in any of the threads I was following.

Are there any options to how posts are viewed so that maybe I could have an easier time of it? With this format, it's just not worth my time.

Linda

When I try to follow a thread, because of the activity level, it takes me forever to find it.

Linda

If you subscribe to a thread you can easily find those in your User Control Panel.

As far as looking through new posts, yes it does take a while and if you see a thread title that interests you, you do have to open it to read what is inside.

One feature that you might find helpful is "display modes". When you open a thread, "display modes" can be chosen. (It is on the right-hand side) I use "hybrid" mode, which allows me to so the posts in threaded form at the top of all of the posts in linear form.

Also, with the couple of posts I've ventured, the resonse is so limited, I'm sure that it's because they get buried way down the list and few people even see them.

Linda

I noticed this wasn't answered in the responses. If I feel my post is getting buried, and I want more opinions/advice, I'll just bump it by replying to it myself. I had one thread that absolutely no one responded to and I think it was just b/c of the board moving so fast, not many people viewed it. Fortunately, it was just a funny commentary on something totally menial, so I didn't really care, but, {sniff, sniff} it would have been nice to receive SOME comment! Seriously though, if I pose a question or are asking for advice, I'll just bump it! :)