Menu

LOVED this quote seen next to a room at UR

My ds would love that as well.

Recently ds went on a tour at a local, classical, college prep, all boys high school (wow that's a lot of adjectives), and one of the kids told him about a basketball game where the opposing team held up a sign "We have girls!" In response the boys at this school quickly scrawled, "We have futures!"

Laura

Creekland, I'm ROTFL, so much so that my 14 yo dd had to come and see what I was laughing about. She's a great kid, but feels more comfortable with those who are, well, considered nerds because they use their brains!!! She, too, got such a kick out of that! Hilarious!! Thanks for posting.

Jennifer

My ds would love that as well.

Recently ds went on a tour at a local, classical, college prep, all boys high school (wow that's a lot of adjectives), and one of the kids told him about a basketball game where the opposing team held up a sign "We have girls!" In response the boys at this school quickly scrawled, "We have futures!"

Laura

DH attended a Jesuit high school in your area. The "We have girls" taunt is hardly original.

I've heard them respond with "We've got Jesus". On the other hand, the number of state championships they've won do speak for themselves.

Creekland, I'm ROTFL, so much so that my 14 yo dd had to come and see what I was laughing about. She's a great kid, but feels more comfortable with those who are, well, considered nerds because they use their brains!!! She, too, got such a kick out of that! Hilarious!! Thanks for posting.

Jennifer

It's very rare to find someone "hooked" on academics or learning in general around here. My guy is looking forward to finding kindred spirits when he goes to college. It helped youngest to see the sign to know there are others out there too.