Menu

PSA: If you own a Revlon curling iron

beware. I just got back from having 3-4 inches of hair cut off because my ceramic curling iron singed my hair. I've had the iron for over a year, so it's not new, and wasn't always defective. I did my hair on Monday like I always have, only this time, it smoked and I could smell it. Thankfully, it didn't singe all the way down to the scalp, but I lost a LOT of hair because of it.

I went from a longer mid-length w/ long layers to a shorter mid-length with short layers. It looks ok, but I am SO not happy.

I googled it today, and turns out others have had this issue as well with Revlon irons, some have even gotten burned. I cannot believe they are not being recalled. :glare:

My dd uses both a straightener and a curing iron that reach 450 degrees. I can smell her hair and see steam coming off her head when she is doing her hair. I have told her that it is not supposed to do that and that it is not good for her hair but she is 15 and thinks she knows everything. And yet, she wants to know why she has split ends.

I am using a curling iron that is at least 7 or 8 years old and has the plastic handle duct taped to it because I can't find an appropriate replacement.