Menu

s/o Valentine Exchange was a Huge Success in our House

First, many thanks to Jennifer & Moe for coordinating this effort.

Also, a few observations:

- Sadly, heart-shaped lollipops don't survive well in the mail.

- The homemade valentines were enjoyed by my son as much as the pre-purchased valentines.

- The biggest hit was a valentine that could be folded into a paper airplane. Wish I knew where to get these. It provided much entertainment after all of the valentines were opened.

We enjoyed keeping track of all the states where the valentines were sent from, and discovering on a map how far they traveled.

I hope we get to participate in this project again next year. And thanks to all who sent us valentines.

I just let my girls open their Valentines after staring at them in the box for weeks. I'm pretty sure they were more excited today than at Christmas! Oh, the squealing and the breathy declarations of "I love this one!"

Thank you to everyone that participated and especially everyone that set the whole thing up. This was really, really fun. Quick question...what's the next holiday we could exchange for? President's Day? St. Patrick's Day?

Thanks for the fun.

Felicity, I did the same thing, and there was much shrieking and squealing. My 3yo is happily toting hers around in a basket, delivering "mail" to her dollies she has strategically positioned around the house. She is careful to go back around and collect them all when she's finished her route. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. She's been doing this for over an hour!

- The biggest hit was a valentine that could be folded into a paper airplane. Wish I knew where to get these. It provided much entertainment after all of the valentines were opened.

DD found them at Dollar Tree. Glad you enjoyed it!

I loved hearing dd's squeals of delight as she opened each envelope. The cards began arriving a few days early, building lots of excitement, followed by a large number arriving on Valentine's Day. Thanks to all who participated. Fun, fun, fun!

This was the first time participating and will love to do it again. We are using the info gathered for many geography and math lessons. More importantly dd loved all the different Valentines.

To the organizers :grouphug: and thank you.

To the children who worked hard on this :grouphug: and thank you.

The the parents who filled out the envelopes :grouphug: and thanks you.

This was the first time participating and will love to do it again. We are using the info gathered for many geography and math lessons. More importantly dd loved all the different Valentines.

To the organizers :grouphug: and thank you.

To the children who worked hard on this :grouphug: and thank you.

The the parents who filled out the envelopes :grouphug: and thanks you.

:iagree::iagree:

My boys LOVED opening all of those envelopes! They loved the handmade ones, the paper airplanes, the tattoos, the candy, the stickers, etc. etc.! Thanks again to everyone who participated!!! Looking forward to the next exchange!!!!

Jodie

(Antonio and Samuel's mom)

We want to offer up our thanks as well! A huge thank you to Jennifer and Moe and to all of the families on our two lists. Before this exchange, dd had been lamenting her lack of mail, so I did let her open a few as they came in. I also set a few aside each time and saved them to open on the actual day. She had a nice, big stack to open yesterday, and I think that was her favorite part of the whole day. She loved all types of the valentine's, too. I'm happy to report that all of the candy made it to our house intact, but I really don't think dd would have minded either way. Candy is candy to her! Like others we've charted the mail on the map, and that has been so much fun!

I've had my fingers crossed that our envelopes would not come back to us, and so far they haven't. I hope that means they made it to their destinations without a hitch. I started worrying after hearing about those of you who received surprises at the post office, but hopefully we're in the clear. No candy in ours, just stickers, but the valentine's themselves made the envelopes a little puffy.

For those of you interested in another exchange of some sort, I have an idea floating around that involves an artist trading card exchange. I'll post a thread on it later. I wanted to give everyone a chance to chill from this exchange, but if you're all anxious for more of this type of thing, I'll post it sooner than planned.