Menu

Planning to live in Washington D.C. for a month

I know because of the way internships and so forth work here that there are a lot of young people (as in late 20's early 30's) in my neighborhood who live in group houses and it's not uncommon for people to rent a room and join the roster of tenants for a month or two - Craigslist would be the place to start. But I'm guessing you're bringing your kids and want your own space? In which case, I don't know. :D

There's a couple of local blogs where this would be a good question to pose - depending on what part of the city you wanted to be in. Feel free to pm me if you're curious about neighborhoods.

D.C. is an area that has people coming and going all the time. Because of this, there are a lot of short-term housing options, and even apartment sublets. (We used to live there, and used to sublet our apartment for three months every year when we were out of the country.) But, I am not being very helpful because I don't know how to find out about those places now...I only know that they exist! I would guess Craigslist might be a good starting place, but you can probably do a google search and find agencies specifically set up to help you with that.

We stayed here two years ago and loved it!! It's only 3 metro stops to DC and you can walk to so many fun places in the area - park, library, restaurants, and Pentagon City mall. There are even shops below the building and it is connected to the Crystal City Marriott. I always felt very safe walking anywhere in Crystal City and Pentagon City. Not sure your price range, we stayed on the company's dime. :) For a one bedroom, it will probably be around $4,000 for a month.