Menu

Need something with more review than CLE Math

Princess Peach

My DD has been using CLE since last year. She is in 4th grade now. It has seemed like a good fit, but now that she is more independent with her work, I am realizing that she needs more review than CLE offers. She is simply unable to do much of it on her own. It seems like there are too many different types of problems to each lesson and it would be better to focus on a couple concepts at a time until those are mastered and then the spiral review given would be ok.

We are sending her to ps for 5th grade next year, so I am looking for something to get us thru the rest of the year that will prepare her for next year. Any suggestions? :bigear:

When my CLE students have trouble, I go through the entire review section with them and reteach as needed. I always teach the new sections.

It may help your dd to actively work with her instead of having her work independently. :)

This is what I'm doing and it's not working. When she gets to a quiz or test, she can't do it on her own.

go through the entire review section with them and reteach as needed.

It may help your dd to actively work with her instead of having her work independently. :)

:iagree: Because she is going to ps, this is what I would suggest. If you were going to continue homeschooling her, I would suggest a mastery based program like Rod and Staff or Math Mammoth, depending on her learning style.

It sounds like rather than more review you want a mastery program that spends more time focusing on individual concepts after they are introduced. CLE is perhaps too much review...since it is constantly building on itself and reviewing all previous concepts. Since you don't have a full year, I would do as others have suggested. Go through CLE with her, slowly, seeing what issues she has. Then maybe you could utilize the units at Math Mammoth to spend some focused time in particular concepts that she is having difficulty in. That way you don't have to spend a lot for a whole new program you will not have time to complete.

It sounds like rather than more review you want a mastery program that spends more time focusing on individual concepts after they are introduced. CLE is perhaps too much review...since it is constantly building on itself and reviewing all previous concepts. Since you don't have a full year, I would do as others have suggested. Go through CLE with her, slowly, seeing what issues she has. Then maybe you could utilize the units at Math Mammoth to spend some focused time in particular concepts that she is having difficulty in. That way you don't have to spend a lot for a whole new program you will not have time to complete.

:iagree:Great advice!