Menu

CLE- Math question about where to being...

mommy5

I just got the CLE-Math 100 for my 1st grader (just turned 7). We have been doing Singapore 1a & 1b with him. I'm trying to figure out which LU to start at ... I could potentially start at LU 103 with him and have a lot of it review ... or even mid way through 102 with most of it review. Or I could start a little bit higher. The thing is - it teaches things slightly differently and it does some stuff more thoroughly than he originally learned it. I'm thinking maybe starting him towards the beginning is better but don't want it to be too boring. Anyone switched over to CLE after using other math curriculum? Where would you begin?

I would start with LU 101 and go quickly through what he already knows. CLE does teach differently and by starting with the easy stuff, he will have some time to get used to it before getting hit with the more difficult concepts. The LUs are not that much. Confidence is better than frustration.

I just switched my K'er to CLE 100 from Saxon 1. We were about 85 lessons into Saxon 1 and it just wasn't clicking with her. I knew from having DS (and trying LOTS of programs with him!) that I would probably put her in CLE for net year, so I went ahead and moved over. We could have started in 104, but I backed up and started at 103. It took a couple of lessons for her to understand the format, but now she's doing great. We have more facts to review daily right now, but as she has them memorized, I'm sure that stack will shrink. In your situation, I would probably start at 102 or 103.

We just switched from Singapore to CLE and we took the quiz in LU #1, they passed so we started with LU#2. We are doing 2 lessons a day because much of it is review, and there have been no complaints.

I time one Speed Drill, and they do the 2nd one for practice. My kids are loving it - hope you do too.