Menu

Chemistry for a non-science kid?

We've been using Apologia (Physical Science in 9th and now Biology in 10th). I could continue with Apologia Chemistry for 11th but wondered what else was out there for high school level chemistry for a child you really isn't interested in science beyond the high school level. She doesn't "mind" Apologia", but it is getting rather tiresome. Lots of reading...not a lot of doing. :) Just curious as to what everyone has used or is using for high school Chem. I would rather not outsource this one or do a dual-enrollment unless I have to. There are other subjects I will be doing that for (foreign language for one). Thanks!

We used Conceptual Chemistry last year and really liked it. There are lots of free online videos, projects, and worksheets you can use to go with it. The only drawback for me is that it took a lot of time for me to sort through everything to decide how I wanted to use it all, and to decide what else I might need to supplement. I'm better at designing my own schedule/plan for english and history. Science courses are more difficult for me.