Menu

If you have a 1962 Dolciani Alg. I teacher's edition

Will you please let me know if I have the right book?

The book I received today does not have any marking that designates it as a "Teacher's Edition" anywhere in the book. It does contain the answers to even and odd numbered problems in the back. There are no teaching notes, which I would assume would be in red on the regular text. This book was sold to me as a teacher's edition, so I want to make sure this is as good as it gets before I send it back.

If you have the 1962 TE for Dolciani Algebra I, is yours the same as mine?

Will you please let me know if I have the right book?

The book I received today does not have any marking that designates it as a "Teacher's Edition" anywhere in the book. It does contain the answers to even and odd numbered problems in the back. There are no teaching notes, which I would assume would be in red on the regular text. This book was sold to me as a teacher's edition, so I want to make sure this is as good as it gets before I send it back.

If you have the 1962 TE for Dolciani Algebra I, is yours the same as mine?

I have it, and no, you do not. (sorry!) The TE has a set of green pages at the beginning of the book - these pages contain teaching notes for each chapter, a suggested schedule, and a few other things. There are also notes scattered throughout the TE, in another colour, to help you along in teaching. The spine and front cover of the book also say "Teacher Edition."

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, because I know I had a very hard time finding my 1962 Dolciani Alg. I TE! I was VERY excited to finally locate a copy.

One thing I did in my search was ask every single seller the same questions: Is the pub. date definitely 1962 or 1965? Is there a set of green pages at the beginning of the book? Does it say Teacher Edition on the spine or on the cover of the book?

One thing I did in my search was ask every single seller the same questions: Is the pub. date definitely 1962 or 1965? Is there a set of green pages at the beginning of the book? Does it say Teacher Edition on the spine or on the cover of the book?

Aaaah. Oh well, live and learn. I guess I'll package it up and mail it out on Monday. Bummer.

I was so excited to see a TE for sale, that I ordered it quickly before asking any questions. I was afraid it would sell before I had the chance to get a reply from the seller. Now I know what to do. Thanks, Colleen, for all of your help! I guess I will remain watchful for the TE in the meantime.

This book is in unusually great condition. Actually, it looks like a brand new textbook. There are no markings anywhere inside the text, except for the owner's name. My copy does not have the marking of "Teacher's Edition", but it does have the marking on the spine of "With Answers". Does that qualify at all as a Teacher's Edition?

I'm starting to wonder if it is (at least) worth keeping due to the answers to all problems in the back, versus only the odd-numbered problems.

Any thoughts?

This book is in unusually great condition. Actually, it looks like a brand new textbook. There are no markings anywhere inside the text, except for the owner's name. My copy does not have the marking of "Teacher's Edition", but it does have the marking on the spine of "With Answers". Does that qualify at all as a Teacher's Edition?

I'm starting to wonder if it is (at least) worth keeping due to the answers to all problems in the back, versus only the odd-numbered problems.

Any thoughts?

I like having two copies of a text, one with answers would be great. You might look for a solutions manual if you don't truly need the teaching notes.

If not you could probably sell it here quickly.

I like having two copies of a text, one with answers would be great. You might look for a solutions manual if you don't truly need the teaching notes.

If not you could probably sell it here quickly.

I'm starting to lean this way. Since the teacher's edition seems so difficult to find, the option of at least having the answers is probably good enough for now.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

Any thoughts?

I agree with Elizabeth's suggestion - since the TEs weren't used as much as the student books were, they would naturally be in better condition. So do look for that comment from sellers, too.

No, the book you have is definitely not the TE. It's just a student book with the bonus of having all the answers. Some student books have all the answers, some have odd-numbered answers, and some have no answers. I don't know why, but that's what I've discovered in my Dolciani searches.

Do you already have another copy of the student book? It seems to me that you once found a Dolciani book at a thrift store...If you don't mind the money you spent on this book you are asking about, then I would keep it over a book with only odd-numbered answers. I bet you could sell that one easily if you wanted to recover some money.

I hate to say it, but the Solution Keys from that era are even harder to find than the TEs.

You had me searching for a copy of the TE for you yesterday, :lol:. I do hope you find it someday.

I agree with Elizabeth's suggestion - since the TEs weren't used as much as the student books were, they would naturally be in better condition. So do look for that comment from sellers, too.

Do you already have another copy of the student book? It seems to me that you once found a Dolciani book at a thrift store...If you don't mind the money you spent on this book you are asking about, then I would keep it over a book with only odd-numbered answers. I bet you could sell that one easily if you wanted to recover some money.

I hate to say it, but the Solution Keys from that era are even harder to find than the TEs.

You had me searching for a copy of the TE for you yesterday, :lol:. I do hope you find it someday.

Yes, I have several copies of the Dolciani Alg. I texts, all found at the local thrift store---1962 (2), 1970, and 1988 editions. Since I have two copies on hand of the 1962 book, I really don't need another copy. The only *plus* for the book I received yesterday is that is does have all of the answers. My dh said I should keep it, as it may be difficult to find even that edition again.

On a side note, I do have a copy of the Solution Key for the 1976 book. I don't need it, but just in case, I do have it. :tongue_smilie:

My local thrift shop has been a treasure trove for me as a place of finding math books. I even found the Beckenbach Inequalities book there. I just haven't been successful in finding the needed teacher's edition there, though. :rolleyes:

I really feel very blessed to have the books I do have on hand. I should probably sell the other two editions that I don't need, as they just sit unused on the bookshelf.

You are so sweet to look for that book for me! I think that's why I check weekly at the thrift shop. I just know that it will show up there soon! As far as the book I received yesterday, I paid ~$13 with shipping.