Menu

Pacing for La Clase Divertida

My oldest is using level 1 right now. We didn't get around to it first semester, but have been completing a lesson a week since the beginning of the month. If we continue at this rate, we'll finish by the end of the year. I plan on using level 2 next year. I'm wondering if we'll be able to keep the same pace and be able to complete both levels 2 and 3 next year or if it will get more difficult and we'll want to slow down to spending 2 weeks/lesson. So, if you've used LCD levels 2 or 3 how much time did you need to complete a lesson?

We're mid-way through level 3 right now. Based on my memory of level 2, they do get more in-depth and longer in that level already. For level 3, I would definitely recommend two weeks per lesson for better absorption of the material, since it introduces verbs and their endings, adjectives and their endings, etc. For example, we just did lesson 6, which was nearly half an hour and included a review of verb endings, a new batch of emotion adjectives, a whole list of question words, a discussion of how to form a question using word order, vocabulary for the living room, and a new part of a song.

My oldest (nearly 12) picks up everything fairly quickly, but for quicker recall, the youngers (10, 7) definitely need the additional review. We usually watch it 3x / week, with flashcards or CD practice on the other two days.

Erica in OR

Good to know we used LCD 1 last year K and agian this year for 1. Are any of you using LCD along with Latin? I was wondering if I should continue with it or drop it while we get our feet wet with Latin and then pick it up agian.

We are doing LCD 1 and Latin (Prima Latina and Minimus). We started Latin last year with Song School Latin (actually did a little in Kindergarten, too). DD had been informally exposed to both languages before beginning, but she hasn't had a problem with either language and has not mixed them up.