Menu

HOD Res. to Ref. Omitting Science

Homeschooling6

I might switch Annette to HOD next year using Res. to Ref. but she is really enjoying Queen's Homeschool A Nature Walk with Aunt Bessie. I had hoped to continue with Queen's science.

Now that I'm thinking of switching her to HOD next school year and HOD's science looks good as well I'm not sure which way to go.

This will be her first year using HOD so my thoughts are, maybe a lighter science program will be a good thing, since the program looks to be pretty full.

From looking at the HOD samples, I like the narration and copywork. I guess I should print sample week:D.

Would like to hear what others think about HOD science.

I guess doing both science programs is out, aack:tongue_smilie:

Thank you,

17EB4FF31B058A78E975F63C2A080002.png

Edited by Homeschooling6

I actually liked the Science in RtR. Carrie chose Apologia Astronomy to use for the first few month. I am not familiar with Queen's science so I don't know how involved it is to say whether or not you could do both. Fridays are "free" days in HOD so you "might" be able to use both. OR...you could omit the experiments (usually day 4) in HOD science and use Queen's on those days. OR...if she really enjoys Queen's...do it over the summer and then use HOD during the year? I wanted to add also that in the newest guide coming out in the summer (Missions to Modern Marvels) Carrie is using Barry Stebbing's NEW Nature Study art proram. I am SOOOOO excited. :D

I actually liked the Science in RtR. Carrie chose Apologia Astronomy to use for the first few month. I am not familiar with Queen's science so I don't know how involved it is to say whether or not you could do both. Fridays are "free" days in HOD so you "might" be able to use both. OR...you could omit the experiments (usually day 4) in HOD science and use Queen's on those days. OR...if she really enjoys Queen's...do it over the summer and then use HOD during the year? I wanted to add also that in the newest guide coming out in the summer (Missions to Modern Marvels) Carrie is using Barry Stebbing's NEW Nature Study art proram. I am SOOOOO excited. :D
Yes%2520Smiley.gifwith regards to using Barry Stebbing's new Nature Study art.

Also pondering your ideas about science.

After knowing the title I was able to find this book as well:

http://www.christianbook.com/nature-drawing-journaling-lessons-through-natures/barry-stebbing/9780971787452/pd/635635?item_code=WW&netp_id=936908&event=ESRCN&view=details#curr

This looks wonderful! My oldest dd REALLY loves to draw.

Thanks for the link. The book looks pretty :)