Menu

Writing program for a 2nd grader?

frugalmama

Any ideas? I am beginning to think we may need more than I have planned for writing and grammar for 2nd grade this fall. We're using Pathways readers grades 2 & 3 with workbooks, climbing to good english 2, Rod & Staff spelling 3 and Zaner Bloser Handwriting a way to Self expression 2.

Do I need to add something for grammar in there? For writing? Any extra writing would be done on a PC fwiw - DD gets very frustrated when asked to write a lot.

My first grader is doing FLL 2 and WWE 1 and is doing wonderful with it. Next year when she enters 2nd grade we're going to slowly work into FLL 3 and WWE 2. This would be my suggestion. Those two programs work so great together! If you haven't started with FLL or WWE yet I'd do the first book of each. They are so great and build a strong foundation. Oh and WWE isn't ALOT of writing, imo it's just enough to build the right skills!

My dd did WWE 1 for the first part of the year (doing two lessons a day, 5 days a week) and we just started Classical Writing Primers in January. We are doing FLL 1/2 for grammar, tweaking and combining lessons as needed. I anticipate finishing the whole volume this year. She is also learning some grammar from her Latin curricula (Prima Latina and Minimus).