Menu

A woman from my neighborhood was murdered today . . . . .

I'm the same way! I would always be second guessing my answers - even if I told the truth. And, I know they're looking at heart rate and all, so mine would increase becasue I'm nervous!

I, too, can understand why people think he's guilty. How many times have I seen a news story and heard the husband was a person of interest? I tell you. I never will again!

Oh Jennifer, :( I don't know ... this really isn't looking good. I think this is why I've locked onto this case - I've got this big question on my mind about how well one can truly know someone (unrelated philosophic musings) and I saw the responses to relatives to the immediate public presumption that it was her husband. I wanted to believe that those who counted themselves close to him and knew he couldn't do such a thing were really right ... which just makes these latest developments all the more disturbing and unsettling.

Oh Jennifer, :( I don't know ... this really isn't looking good. I think this is why I've locked onto this case - I've got this big question on my mind about how well one can truly know someone (unrelated philosophic musings) and I saw the responses to relatives to the immediate public presumption that it was her husband. I wanted to believe that those who counted themselves close to him and knew he couldn't do such a thing were really right ... which just makes these latest developments all the more disturbing and unsettling.

This is just horrible. I have such a headache. There's more to the story that hasn't been released yet. I just can't believe this is happening. Apparently someone else was involved. And, we do know him. I feel like I've been socked in the gut.

FWIW - I wouldn't count myself as close to Bob. He was a neighbor and we had a lot of friends in common. My husband worked with him in Little League. And Jane was sweet. But, again, I knew her only to wave as we passed each other on walks or at the store.

I desperately wanted to believe him. For his kids' sake. For my community's sake.

I have been following this too, but hadn't posted yet.

This is just horrible. I have such a headache. There's more to the story that hasn't been released yet. I just can't believe this is happening. Apparently someone else was involved. And, we do know him. I feel like I've been socked in the gut.

FWIW - I wouldn't count myself as close to Bob. He was a neighbor and we had a lot of friends in common. My husband worked with him in Little League. And Jane was sweet. But, again, I knew her only to wave as we passed each other on walks or at the store.

I desperately wanted to believe him. For his kids' sake. For my community's sake.

So....does this mean that now you are uncertain....that maybe he is involved?? I'm confused. What is the new information?

:( I may have skimmed over posts or had just forgotten but I didn't realize that you even had as much contact as that with them. I feel ill but that has to be nothing compared to how your community, not to mention the family, is feeling at this point.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I have been following this too, but hadn't posted yet.

So....does this mean that now you are uncertain....that maybe he is involved?? I'm confused. What is the new information?

I have read that a woman who says she was dating Bob has been providing the police with information. There are red flags in his time-line and it is believed it happened at the house. (detroitnews.com local news)

I hate to post and run. I'm sorry - I have to leave now to get kids to karate. But, quickly - I have a friend whose dh works for a news station. Reports right now are that they've arrested an accomplice. Friend's dh told us his name. We know him. They have not announced his name yet. But, there are news trucks in front of his house. I am just sick. His wife is wonderful. And, his son is one of my son's friends.

And, I'm not sure what I think about Bob. I still desperately want to believe he didn't do this. But, this evidence just doen'st look good.

Is that the guy who had been offering the reward?

Edited question because previous statements about an arrest seem to have been mistaken. :confused:

Edited by SCGS

I hate to post and run. I'm sorry - I have to leave now to get kids to karate. But, quickly - I have a friend whose dh works for a news station. Reports right now are that they've arrested an accomplice. Friend's dh told us his name. We know him. They have not announced his name yet. But, there are news trucks in front of his house. I am just sick. His wife is wonderful. And, his son is one of my son's friends.

And, I'm not sure what I think about Bob. I still desperately want to believe he didn't do this. But, this evidence just doen'st look good.

I'm upset and I live many states away. I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

Alley