Menu

Question about Ancients next year

I am planning on combining SOTW 1 and MOH 1 for my 3 younger dc. I found this schedule that I am going to use and I am also going to add in Diana Warings audio CD's for ancients. My question is- if I added Greenleaf Guide to the Old Testament study package do you think there would be to much repeated? Or do you think it would add a nice flow to it? So far all I have received is MOH 1, SOTW 1 and Diana Warings CD's. I don't have the Greenleaf yet.

You and I are on the same track. We're using MOH and SOTW 1 next year too. :D I looked at the samples for Greenleaf and I'm not impressed. I think the Old Testament guide might be nice if you want to fully cover the Old Testament. If I remember correctly, MOH only covers the main characters and events of the OT, but I might be wrong. I don't think we're going to use them.

HTH!

Dorinda

I had planned to use both SOTW and MOH this year for ancients with 3rd grade ds, but honestly, I haven't had time to use both. I've ended up mainly just using SOTW, bible readings, and some library books. I'm following Biblioplan's schedule. I had never used SOTW before, though, and we like it. I used MOH 1 when ds was in Kindergarten, so I knew he wouldn't remember much about it.

I do own Usborne and Kingfisher that I add in when I like what it has in it, but those are short and sweet. The Greenleaf Guide looks fairly short per lesson, so you probably could use it with ease.

You and I are on the same track. We're using MOH and SOTW 1 next year too. :D I looked at the samples for Greenleaf and I'm not impressed. I think the Old Testament guide might be nice if you want to fully cover the Old Testament. If I remember correctly, MOH only covers the main characters and events of the OT, but I might be wrong. I don't think we're going to use them.

HTH!

Dorinda

Yeah I want to take them through the old testament. That is the only guide I know of.

HTH!

Dorinda

Glad to know this. I want to cover the Old Testament while doing Anients and I thought MOH would get us there. I'll have to take a closer look and possibly add in the Greenleaf Old Testament Guide. thanks! -lu

Glad to know this. I want to cover the Old Testament while doing Anients and I thought MOH would get us there. I'll have to take a closer look and possibly add in the Greenleaf Old Testament Guide. thanks! -lu

You can either get the guide alone or the entire study package. I think we will stick with original plans! We are going to do the study package (well, my 5th grader will, ds's will next time through ancients ;))