Menu

Read aloud funny

The last 2 sentences in today's read aloud chapter were, "George [Muller] was now a free man, a foreigner with nowhere to go, no missionary society to back him, no job, and only a five-pound note in his pocket. He could not have been happier."

My 9 year old daughter piped up, "Boy, that was a heavy note."

After I contained my laughter, I did explain.

Feel free to add yours...

Who knew a science textbook could contain a sentence that is just so wrong in so many ways (from a chapter in Conceptual Physics, about how, due to gravitational attraction, the mass of planets, when close enough in their orbits, can cause the planets to deviate from their normal orbits):

"...this deviation is called a perturbation... The source of Uranus's perturbation was uncovered in 1845..."

Today, as I happened to be reading aloud the science and came to this sentence, high school DS laughed until he cried -- which made me laugh till I rolled off the couch. May I just say, there are some words that just should *never* be placed side by side, much less in the same sentence. :lol:

Edited by Lori D.

Who knew a science textbook could contain a sentence that is just so wrong in so many ways (from a chapter in Conceptual Physics, about how, due to gravitational attraction, the mass of planets, when close enough in their orbits, can cause the planets to deviate from their normal orbits):

"...this deviation is called a perturbation... The source of Uranus's perturbation was uncovered in 1845..."

Today, as I happened to be reading aloud the science and came to this sentence, high school DS laughed until he cried -- which made me laugh till I rolled off the couch. May I just say, there are some words that just should *never* be placed side by side, much less in the same sentence. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's just awesome.