Menu

Microscope help, please?

Spryte

I am digging through reviews of microscopes on Amazon, trying to find one that's good, prime eligible, and under $150, preferably under $100 so we can get some extra accessories.

DS desperately wants a microscope for his birthday, and the above is all I'd like so spend as we have other things planned.

Amazon isn't my first choice for ordering science supplies, but it needs to be here quickly, so I'm thinking Amazon Prime is the best way to go.

Any advice on a decent microscope would be appreciated. It doesn't have to be his forever microscope, but something better than a toy would be great.

Thanks!

I bought our microscope from Home Science tools here. It was really good quality, even better than I expected and we were/are thrilled with it. I don't know if that is an option for you since you say you want it there fast, but when I order from them I typically get it within the same week. Good luck to you. :)

Great minds think alike. That's my favorite science supply site!

Since I don't want to pay for expedited shipping, though, I was hoping to use amazon prime. But your post gave me the great idea to check for reviews and overlap between the two sites - and that's been helpful. :)

Still hoping for more advice before purchasing, if any one wants to chime in...

If you are looking for a sturdy, student friendly microscope, I highly recommend the Brock Magiscope. http://www.magiscope.com/

It is the microscope that science and nature centers frequently use in their displays, because it is easy to use, and can take a LOT of abuse, yet it has excellent optics. You will see mine on my desk in most of my videos.