Menu

Heating frozen meals

I always try to defrost stuff before I reheat as it just comes out better. I usually just bring it down to the refrigerator from the freezer a day or two before I know I need to use it then just heat it up like I would any other food in the fridge. If it's a case of emergency and I need it RIGHT NOW, then depending what it is, I defrost it in a pot on the stove over low heat. If it's something for the oven, I try to avoid that because it usually gets overly wet for some reason. At least my lasagnas have when I've tried to cook them directly from the freezer while their still frozen. HTH. :)

I don't defrost, I just stick everything in. I do put it in as the oven pre-heats, though.

I do most of my re-heating of frozen foods on airplanes, though, so defrosting isn't always an option. I have limited time to pop my dry-ice hard-as-rocks frozen food into the oven before I need it again for the passengers :) it's just become my habit at home, as well.

I don't defrost, I just stick everything in. I do put it in as the oven pre-heats, though.

I do most of my re-heating of frozen foods on airplanes, though, so defrosting isn't always an option. I have limited time to pop my dry-ice hard-as-rocks frozen food into the oven before I need it again for the passengers :) it's just become my habit at home, as well.

I didn't know you were a flight attendant! Cool!

I always try to defrost stuff before I reheat as it just comes out better. I usually just bring it down to the refrigerator from the freezer a day or two before I know I need to use it then just heat it up like I would any other food in the fridge. If it's a case of emergency and I need it RIGHT NOW, then depending what it is, I defrost it in a pot on the stove over low heat. If it's something for the oven, I try to avoid that because it usually gets overly wet for some reason. At least my lasagnas have when I've tried to cook them directly from the freezer while their still frozen. HTH. :)

Okay, that helps. I had a sense it comes out better when you defrost first (which I always do) but I just wondered if I was doing it needlessly.