Menu

Apologia Zoology 1/Flying Creatures

Wildwood

Hello,

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this along with the Junior notebook and experiment kit as well.

I'm wondering, if you've gone through this book along with the experiments and/or journal, what did you think of it?

Were the experiments well done?

Did your child enjoy/learn from this course?

I would do this with my soon-to-be 8 year old dd.

Thank you!

We are only a short way through Zoo. 1, and my dc are loving it. I bought everything-kit, notebooks, etc... (because that's what I do:D), but now, I am thinking we shouldn't have gotten the notebooks. My ds just turned 8, and hates to write, and my dd doesn't mind it, but we have been doing a lot of the things in her MLB (sketch book). She will draw pics & write the information. They both have bird logs, and we are reading The Burgess Bird Book & doing the activities from www.satorismiles.com . All of those things, plus the experiments are plenty. Oh-I have printed off some quizes from the Yahoo group, also.

I think if I had them do all of the stuff in the notebook, they would have been burnt out. This way they enjoy it. But, every child is different; yours might like the notebooks.

After two years of searching for a science that I liked, we finally found this book (series) and LOVE it! Science is actually getting done, much to my daugher's delight.

I have the book and bought this lapbook from Currclick.

http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=41836

We follow the schedule and book list that 3Blessings4Me posted in this thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299584&highlight=zoology+1

(The links are showing X'd out when I open the thread, but when I click on the X it still opens up correctly.)

I her schedule she breaks the lessons down into smaller chunks which makes it easier to use with younger children. It will take a little longer to finish the book (40 weeks), than a "normal" school year.

When we first started the book, the Jr. Notebook wasn't out yet, but if it had been I would have gotten it as well. I've looked at the samples and it looks great!

I'm actually planning to do this this year too! :D

I was suppose to do it last year but our books got lost in transit. ;) So, I'm KINDA hoping I can do this AND Biology this year, but I dunno.. ANYWAY.. I saw that at CBD someone sells a lesson plan all laid out for what to do each day. :D Planning, at this point, to do it that way. ;)