Menu

Should I get my kids tested for strep??

Had dh's 50th birthday Sunday. One little boy went home with his parents because he had a bad headache. Come to find out he has strep. On Monday my son had a wicked headache....a icky throat and a bellyache. Sounded like classic strep to me except he had no fever....he felt crummy on Tuesday and by Wed. Morning he was fine. Ds felt crummy wednesday...fine by thursday....Now 17 Yo ds and 13 Yo dd both seem to have a cold.

We were also exposed to some weird headache virus thing that caused a headache for 3 or 4 days and made me feel woozy...but I still went to work and did my thing. Sil had that one too...and so did her kids.

Now, here it is Friday...and I am not sure if I should haul them all in for a throat culture....or just see how things progress. Ds 17 says his throat doesn't hurt...it is just itchy and has congestion in it....so what sayeth the hive....

Pack'em up and swab away......or wait until Monday....

Faithe...

PS, no one has fever.

I would get some oregano oil if you don't have it already (you can get it at GNC) and take it three times a day (for a couple of days as insurance) 4 drops in a little apple juice for adults and older kids, half that for younger children. It can cure a full blown strep throat. HTH :)