Menu

iPhone question

Unfortunately, no. Particularly with Sprint, which I have, you cannot buy a phone unless it is a Sprint phone and you would have to purchase it from Sprint outright, which is astronomical.

Dawn

Bummer..

I am keeping an eye on craigslist but they want just as much as the store.

I am not sure this is possible with Sprint. It is possible with carriers who use a SIM card, but from what I have been reading, it is not possible with Sprint. Sprint uses CDMA radio network radio technology and Verizon and ATT use GSM which is completely different. A GSM phone uses a SIM card and can be hacked/jailbroken. I have friends who have a jailbroken iphone with a SIM card, meaning that they can only get online in wifi and don't pay for internet on their phone.

You need that CDMA capability, which you will not get with a jailbroken phone from another network.

One reason you won't be able to get one for a decent price is that Sprint just started carrying them a few months ago, so there are no deals out there yet.

Dawn

Edited by DawnM

I'm not sure how close to upgrade you are but we were 3 months away with Sprint. They let us pay 45 per phone so we could upgrade now. Then they will credit most back for the next 3 months. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Will have to check into that

Check your target or costco too. I just upgraded with target and got the samsung galaxy s2 to replace my iphone 3s that fell in a cup of water. I am still undecided if I like the phone but it is really nice. It was a ton cheaper then buying from att (i imagine sprint has a similar phone) and they offered me an extra 15% off and also would buy your old phone. My husband sold his old iphone to gamestop, though, for more money.

My sister went to costco and bought her phone at $50 less then verizon was offering and she got all the accessories for it free. That was a nice deal.

I guess the secret is you have to check with authorized dealers.

I miss my iphone...but it would have cost me 199 out of pocket and it didnt seem worth it. This phone is just as good...just not as easy to navigate.