Menu

Montessori Curriculum

5 Hikers

Countingcoconuts.blogspot.com has some great ideas. Set aside a couple of hours to drool over her blog.

Montessori Mom also has great free stuff, and I believe there's a link to John Bowman's e-book which is about $20 and worth every penny, on how to implement Montessori in your home.

Montessoriprintshop.com has some free and some low-cost printables.

• 1 month later...
Is there anything out there besides Oak Meadow? I was hoping for something planned out but a little cheaper. Someone told me a Montessori mom has lesson plans for the year for only $20, but I cannot find this.

Oak Meadow is not Montessori but more along the lines of Waldorf.

If you're looking for daily lesson plans cheaply for Montessori, nothing comes to mind. However, if you're looking for Montessori albums cheaply, I would join the Montessori by Hand yahoo group. You then have access to free albums (Lang., Practical Life, Math, Sensorial) by an AMI certified instructor, Meg who also happens to run SewLiberated.com. If you go to her website and click on her blog link, that will also give you a wealth of information on Montessori doings.

Hope this helps!

Not sure what you'd consider a reasonable price, but New Child Montessori has lesson plans at $35 for each spiral-bound book (covering 3 months), or $100 for the full 4 book set. The plans have many more activities and book suggestions per day than most people would need, so they can be reused in future years.

There are a couple of supplements available at $75 each: a more comprehensive art manual, and a how-to guide for making and working with the materials. Neither are essential, though the materials guide might be worth it for people who don't have albums or training.

None of the NCM books have much in the way of illustrations or hand-holding. They're mostly bare-bones text, with a very occasional black & white diagram. But they are compact, neatly laid out, and packed with information.

I do Montessori style lessons with my youngest. I follow the blogs that pp's mentioned. Also, I have read & used ideas from these books:

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Montessori-Home-Pre-School-Years/dp/0452279097

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Beginnings-Prepare-Lifelong-Learning/dp/0805462872

Here is another helpful site:

http://www.ourmontessorihome.com/

You can take a peek at my blog (in my siggy.) You can search my posts for Montessori to see some of the things I've done with my daughter.

• 3 months later...

In my researching I have found the following teacher's manuals/albums.

Montessori Research and Development They have teacher's manuals for each subject by 3 different age group.

My Montessori House These albums are divided by age group and includes all subjects for the age.

I haven't used any of the above. I'm really torn between the two so I'm not sure which I will go with.

HTH!