Menu

Is there a physical building I can go to buy...

NotSoObvious

Lakeshore is more of a teacher supply.

Our Barnes & Noble has a homeschool section - I don't know if that's in all of them, or just b/c we have a large HS population here.

Do you have a local HS store? Most places with larger HS populations do, but someone from your area would have to help you find it as they are in individual stores, not a chain.

Do you have Mardel's? They are a Christian book store with a large homeschool section. I also have another non-chain Christian book store in the area that caries a lot of homeschool materials.

You could look for Christian book stores then call and see if they have homeschool materials. This can work even for secular materials. The Christian bookstores support homeschooling in general and may have any materials that are specifically made for homeschoolers, not just those from Christian publishers.

I find some things at Barnes and Noble. There is also a local christian bookstore where they have a huge selection of homeschool supplies and curriculum. Most of it (obviously) comes from a biblical worldview but they also carry some secular resources as well (like Explode the Code and some math workbooks)

Also, for non curriculum things but resources like posters, manipulatives, pencils and such I always bank at the dollar store. :001_smile:

Be very careful when buying "Singapore" workbooks at B&N because the ones most B&N stores carry are not from the Primary Mathematics series. The publisher for true Singapore is Marshall Cavendish and they have covers with pictures of children playing on numbers. If you see something at B&N with a white cover and a large number published by Frank Cavendish, that is *NOT* true Singapore but a "dumbed-down" copycat.