Menu

Talk to me about PagePlus, please!

I just read somewhere on this board about PagePlus. So, they are an alternate cell provider that runs on the Verizon towers? Verizon is our only choice out here in the middle of nowhere, and I am so, so tired of their expensive cell phone coverage.

If you have PagePlus, what do you like? What plans do you have? What are the pros and cons?

I suppose I couldn't take advantage of free Verizon phone-to-phone minutes if we were on PagePlus? My dh has to stay with Verizon for work. I have a phone I rarely use, and we are ready to buy an extra for the kids to take to their activities.

Thanks for any info.

I've been using Page Plus for probably 4 years now. I've been happy with them. I only use my cell phone a few times a month but I really like having it for when I need to call someone when I'm out or when I need to call AAA (happens about once a year for me).

I just have the basic plan. I only use my phone for talking. I've never sent a text nor had a reason to. I actually turned the feature off on my account. I buy the $80 refill card from Calling mart (they have an extra 5% off every month or two). It usually take me close to the year to use up the minutes but if I have leftovers, they will roll over as long as I add minutes before the previous card expired.

When I switched I was coming off of a Verizon plan so I just kept using the same phone. So you can use any Verizon contract phone that is not under contract (You can not buy the verizon pre-paid phones and activate them on the page plus network though). Page plus also sells phones but the selection is very limited. Your best choice would be to go to ebay and find a verizon compatible phone and get that. We did this recently for my husband.

I spent a lot of time reading this forum

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/364-Page-Plus-Cellular

learning about the plan, phone option etc before I made the decision to switch.