Menu

If you use AAS and or AAR....I have a ????

heidip2p

If you use either All About Spelling or All About Reading can you tell me about how long it takes you per day? We had AAS 1 but then I sold it becuase I was afraid it would take to long for me to teach it. Now I am really wishing we had kept it. :( Also curious about AAR too. :)

I actually set a timer and do 15 minutes for my 7th grader, and 20 minutes for my 9th grader. I spend a little less time for my dd because I get better concentration from her when the time is slightly shorter. The author recommends 20 minutes per day, but says to adjust for your situation.

AAR is similar--20 minutes on the lesson, and then another 20 minutes of the parent reading aloud to the child (which you probably do anyway). Again, adjust to your child's needs. Short daily lessons are better than longer but fewer sessions. All of their materials are made to be done at the child's pace, so you can pick up wherever you left off the previous day. HTH! Merry :-)