Menu

One Year Adventure Novel - grading?

It is so subjective etc. that for my very focused dear daughter it was an A+ if she completed at and put in plenty of hours. She did way more than needed so I didn't even keep track of hours.

If my less motivated son does this I will be a little stricter - probably set up a contract. Something along the line of hours spent on it, percent of course completed, and quality of final product.

Hope that helps a little.

I've been using the quiz grades along with the grades I give on each daily assignment. Like the pp I usually give full credit on the assignments. There have been times that ds did not complete the questions in the Map though or did not give a very well thought out answer. For these I have marked down. He probably averages spending about 10 hours/week on this course though, so I can't say there is a lack of effort. I am trying to teach him when he doesn't know how to answer a question to talk through it with me. Usually that quickly solves the problem, but he doesn't like to ask for help and won't talk about his novel in front of anyone other than me. :lol: