Menu

Rightstart Math: Level A or B?

Laura in MI

I decided to get a formal curriculum for Math for ds4 (5 in 2 weeks) so I have something more open and go. I've decided on Rightstart Math, but not what level yet. He places in Level B, but I thought I should just start with Level A to review and in case I didn't cover all the topics.

Which would you choose and why?

I was in the exact same position as you earlier this fall. I chose level A and I am really glad I did. There is a LOT in there, and it's a good way to start training yourself to do mental math. That takes time to get in the habit, so even though you could probably do the first 30 lessons really quickly, it's still a good idea, and in my opinion, NOT a waste of money and time.

My 5 year old started RS A this fall. (She just turned 6.) Some is review but I'm glad we got this level. My dd needed the review and extra practice. She is also understanding concepts so much better. We are just working at her speed but I feel like we are getting such a great foundation. Can't wait to start B maybe this fall!

My recommendation would be level A. It's much easier to speed it up and you can't beat the awesome foundation for each concept.