Menu

Composer/Artist Study Books Written From a Christian Perspective . . Does This Exist?

teeniebeenie6

Color the Godly Composers?

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?&subject=17&category=5634

I have to add, the title of these books offends me - leaving out as they do the possibility that any non-Christian composers are ALSO Godly. (Mendelssohn is included but the story included highlights the "triumphant" moment when his father is driven by antisemitism to convert to Christianity - yay - not.)

Nevertheless, it might be helpful to you.

Thanks Jennifer for the suggestion!

I know what you mean. I don't mind learning about composers/artists of all different faiths, I just like it from a Christian perspective because oftentimes some of the non-kid appropriate life facts of the composer/artists get skipped over. I think some studies just go too deep into dark facts about the composers/artists lives that I don't think even need to be learned and definitely not by a six year old.

Edited by teeniebeenie6

Thanks Jennifer for the suggestion!

I know what you mean. I don't mind learning about composers/artists of all different faiths, I just like it from a Christian perspective because oftentimes some of the non-kid appropriate life facts of the composer/artists get skipped over. I think some studies just go too deep into dark facts about the composers/artists lives that I don't think even need to be learned and definitely not by a six year old.

Not from a Christian perspective per se, but kid-friendly. Most libraries have these also...

http://www.mikevenezia.com/mikevenezia/