Menu

Need help with wording something, please.

My boys race mx and their uncle sponsors them, absolutley, tremendously, 100%, beyond belief what he does for these boys. He is also a very godly, Christian man.

I want to do something to "thank" him, but didn't want just the standard plaque to go in his office. He likes unique things. I've settled on a shadowbox with each of their jerseys from the last season. We all decided on a team verse, 1 Cor. 9:24. "...those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize. Run in such a way that you may win it." (loose translation here from my memory)

Anyway, in the box I want to have this verse with something underneath to the gist of:

You cannot imagine how thankful we are for your support and all that you do for us. But even more than that, we thank you for your example of how to run the race.

Does that sound ok? Does it even sound right? I'm not even sure it's grammatically correct! :lol:

Thanks!

Kim

My boys race mx and their uncle sponsors them, absolutley, tremendously, 100%, beyond belief what he does for these boys. He is also a very godly, Christian man.

I want to do something to "thank" him, but didn't want just the standard plaque to go in his office. He likes unique things. I've settled on a shadowbox with each of their jerseys from the last season. We all decided on a team verse, 1 Cor. 9:24. "...those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize. Run in such a way that you may win it." (loose translation here from my memory)

Anyway, in the box I want to have this verse with something underneath to the gist of:

You cannot imagine how thankful we are for your support and all that you do for us. But even more than that, we thank you for your example of how to run the race.

Does that sound ok? Does it even sound right? I'm not even sure it's grammatically correct! :lol:

Thanks!

Kim

I think that you should write exactly what you have written here. It is grammatically correct, heartfelt, and evokes the Bible verse perfectly.