Menu

Anyone willing to scan in score cards for ACT/SAT? And two links for writing websites

I am completing the planning for my second semester of my writing classes. In my Honors class, we will be focusing on timed essays, literature analysis, and general helps on the ACT/SAT English portions. I have found a great deal of helps from the two sites below but I would like to have a copy of both an ACT score card and an SAT scorecard. The ACT website shows one, but I am unable to print it out. Two of my students have taken the ACT but I do not want to ask them to share their scores with the class (although both were in the 30's...smart kids!)..would any of you be willing to black out the identifying information and scan the score card so we can use them in class to help the students know how to interpret their results?

Below are two of my favorite sites, Mr. Rolf Gunnar is my other go to guy..he has an AP English site similar to Miss Effie's...Hope this helps someone! If you can send a composite score card please pm me here and I'll send my email..thanks!

http://shslboyd.pbworks.com/w/page/8889829/AP%20English%20Literature%20and%20Composition

http://homepage.mac.com/mseffie/assignment.html

Anyone? I have tried googling, guess not many people scan their scores in to the Cloud! :) I tried saving a picture of the webpage on ACT's site..but that does not work, too blurry when I printed it out.

On a side note, how many of you had your child take ACT in 10th grade? Wondering if I should just wait and have him take PSAT in the fall and ACT in the fall, or is that too much? I planned on him taking it 3 times once in 10th, twice in 11th and maybe once as a senior depending on what he scores...thanks!!

On a side note, how many of you had your child take ACT in 10th grade? Wondering if I should just wait and have him take PSAT in the fall and ACT in the fall, or is that too much? I planned on him taking it 3 times once in 10th, twice in 11th and maybe once as a senior depending on what he scores...thanks!!

I had my son take it in 7th as part of the Duke Tip. I figured he would do better with the black or white answers of the ACt than the murky ones of the SAT. He made a composite 21.

This year ( his junior year) I got the red Real ACT book and Barrons ACT 36. Basically once the PSAT was done ( he is a junior) in October, I pulled out those books. He took a practice test over a week. Then each week he concentrated on one section like Math and did the review/tip section in both books and then took another practice test in that section. He was also supposed to do a practice essay, but somehow didn't find time for that.. GRR After he completed a month of doing that, there were 2 weeks left until the test. He did 2 more complete tests. ( Not under timed conditions. He did a couple of sections each day. It was crunch time for his cc Spanish class with a test, final, oral questioning and oral report)

It worked. He got a composite 34. . His lowest score was his science with a 31. On the college confidential there was universal agreement that the December science section was really hard and most of those who posted their scores had a lower science score than everything else.

So that worked for me. I did have him take the PSAT for practice as a 10th grader, but no other testing...oh yeah, he did have to take the THEA so he could take cc classes this year.

Hope that helps. So you are wanting their score reports with the names x out?? I can probably do that later today. I'll just make a copy and black out personal information and THEN scan it. We don't have his writing score, however. He didn't do the writing in 7th grade. To be honest, I'm praying for a 10, but guessing he will get an 8 since it is his weakest subject.

I had my son take it in 7th as part of the Duke Tip. I figured he would do better with the black or white answers of the ACt than the murky ones of the SAT. He made a composite 21.

This year ( his junior year) I got the red Real ACT book and Barrons ACT 36. Basically once the PSAT was done ( he is a junior) in October, I pulled out those books. He took a practice test over a week. Then each week he concentrated on one section like Math and did the review/tip section in both books and then took another practice test in that section. He was also supposed to do a practice essay, but somehow didn't find time for that.. GRR After he completed a month of doing that, there were 2 weeks left until the test. He did 2 more complete tests. ( Not under timed conditions. He did a couple of sections each day. It was crunch time for his cc Spanish class with a test, final, oral questioning and oral report)

It worked. He got a composite 34. . His lowest score was his science with a 31. On the college confidential there was universal agreement that the December science section was really hard and most of those who posted their scores had a lower science score than everything else.

So that worked for me. I did have him take the PSAT for practice as a 10th grader, but no other testing...oh yeah, he did have to take the THEA so he could take cc classes this year.

Hope that helps. So you are wanting their score reports with the names x out?? I can probably do that later today. I'll just make a copy and black out personal information and THEN scan it. We don't have his writing score, however. He didn't do the writing in 7th grade. To be honest, I'm praying for a 10, but guessing he will get an 8 since it is his weakest subject.

Wow! That is great news!! Congrats to the diligence!! My son is probably a year behind in math (Geometry in 10th grade) but a year ahead in science (already completed Biology/Chemistry and finishes Physics in May)..so we're really pushing his math right now and having him do the SAT practice tests, I need to get an ACT practice book. will try your suggestions!!

I have about 20 handouts on ACT Essay writing that are phenomenal! When I get your email address I'll send you my favorite two...well, wait, I think I have a direct link to a book that has some great tips!

Here's one link

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~writing/Writing%20the%20ACT%20Essay.pdf

http://www.swiftpens.com/page11/page20/page28/assets/ACT%20Writing%20Prompts.pdf

I can not find the book I found yesterday, but these two sites have a lot of the same information!

HTH!

Thanks!