Menu

best gift ever!

My aunt sent us a replica of a mite (coin) with info on the story of the Widow's mite. Then she enclosed a check and a letter, with the letter asking us to donate at least 10 percent of the money, and to let her know what we did with it so she can watch the joy grow. It was a check for $1000!!!!!! We are going to donate $500, as this is found money and although we can really use it, others can use it more. We are having so much fun deciding what charities to give it to! She sent my son the same thing, but with a check for $100.

Aww, that's cool! Enjoy shopping for the right charity!

My grandparents, a few years ago, decided to ask everyone, instead of giving them gifts, to donate to a favorite charity and let them know what we chose. We had lived here about a year at that point and were really enjoying the abundance of amazing local food options, so we chose to donate to a charity that shares local food with people who need it. My grandparents loved hearing about that. :)

Wow! What a generous gift and how exciting that so many will benefit from it.

For part of my mom's gift this year, I sent a donation to the food bank where she volunteers. She was so touched saying that cash donations were far below normal this year. It's so amazing to be able to share out of abundance.