Menu

What cost to expect when printing/binding a lesson plan book online?

Do you guys make your own lesson plan books and have them bound? I have finally got a lesson plan format that seems to be workable and want to have it bound as a full planner for the rest of the school year. I don't know what kind of cost I'll be looking at and I can't find anywhere that posts their prices online. I assume it's pretty subjective based on the project specs, but I'd love to know what your experience has been.

I don't order online, but here's some idea of my costs. I print out my master pages and photocopy 50 2-sided copies at the cheap photo copy place--3 cents per copy, slight discount for second copy since it's on the same paper. Can't remember exactly how much, but figure a couple of bucks for the copies. Then I take it to Kinko's and get a black plastic back cover and a clear plastic front cover and have it coil bound. That's about $5.

I designed my own year-long school planner, as I couldn't find one that started in January and went the entire year. (Most planners follow a traditional August-May school year.)

Double-sided printing runs around $20 for 52 weeks, plus 3 additional logs that I have printed for the 12 months (reading log, outside class/activity log, field trip log.)

I don't have it spiral bound, as I prefer it in a 3-ring binder. In this area, that would run another $5.

I make my own planner. I print it myself (fast draft - double sided), so it's hard to figure out exactly how much it costs in paper and ink. I usually cut a cover from a fancy file folder so that it looks pretty. Spiral binding at the local print shop is usually under two dollars. I'd be surprised if it's much more than $5 in total, but I don't really know.