Menu

Has anyone tried Bilingual in 10 Days?

JadeOrchidSong

https://www.pimsleurapproach.com/atc010.asp?sid=sl22000emcams&uid=2342_0-008-4

I got this ad in my email today and I watched its presentation. Looks pretty good. My ds9 wants me to order Greek. However, I would like to see if anyone of you has experience using this program. I don't want to spend money and not get anywhere. Thanks!

Pimsleur is great for accents and prompting you to converse. It is very expensive (at least when I last looked). Most people say it's short on vocabulary. I'm guessing by 'bilingual' they mean able to ask another person to have coffee with you.

I've done some Pimsleur, and I did like it, but the longer courses get boring. I prefer _____ Made Easy (several languages, lots of vocabulary, much cheaper), Michel Thomas (not a native accent but a wonderful grammar run down, or even FSI (not entirely hands-free).

Pimsleur is completely hands-free, and many people do it in the car. It is great for that.

Check your library! Mine has several Pimsleur courses to check out for free.

Pimsleur is great for accents and prompting you to converse. It is very expensive (at least when I last looked). Most people say it's short on vocabulary. I'm guessing by 'bilingual' they mean able to ask another person to have coffee with you.

I've done some Pimsleur, and I did like it, but the longer courses get boring. I prefer _____ Made Easy (several languages, lots of vocabulary, much cheaper), Michel Thomas (not a native accent but a wonderful grammar run down, or even FSI (not entirely hands-free).

Pimsleur is completely hands-free, and many people do it in the car. It is great for that.

Check your library! Mine has several Pimsleur courses to check out for free.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is now $10 for the CDs. I am not sure I want to get them yet. But at least it is good to know there are real people who have used it.