Menu

I'm feeling sympathy for Rick Perry

and the rest of the politicians that say stupid things. I took my children's choir to the nursing home. We sang for the regular residents and then went back to the memory care facility and sang for them. As we were coming out, my music minister was smiling. He said, "Do you realize what you said?" Well, no. We had a song called "An Angel Sang to Mary." I introduced in the first time the right way: We are going to sing a song about the angel telling Mary not to be afraid. Well, apparently in the memory care ward I said, "We are going to sing a song about the Angel Mary singing a song to baby Jesus telling him not to be afraid." :001_huh: I didn't even know that is what I said. I told him maybe he should have left me in the memory care ward.. Good grief..45 and I'm falling apart. Sigh

Oy. Me, too.

On Friday I was rushed, and I put hubby's car keys in the measuring cups drawer and the unopened oil in the fridge instead of the pantry. Family houseguests arrived, and the big vehicle went in to the dealer emergency room, towed in on life support.

In the middle of all this, all weekend I've been email tutoring a student who is under extreme pressure to finish a paper. (Not going into the details, but I wouldn't have chosen to be dragged along on this ride.) I said "for the love of Mike" to please do something in an email, and then had to apologize.

My memory and my "nice" both need renewing this break.