Menu

copy books?

faiths13

sorry I am still new here, lol. I found a LA program about a month ago Learning Language Arts Through Literature. I really liked the copywork part of it and that was the first time I saw anything like it. Are there any books like that for just copy work - that have classic lit and arent religious? (my charter wont pay for it). Or maybe something that has just interesting quotes or poems or something along those lines?

Im also looking for something for cursive writing. We are using the Getty Dubay Italics books and I like them alot. I would like my kids to also work on cursive as well though. thanks!

Edited by faiths13

Rainbow Resource has some Italic cursive workbooks here and here

I don't know of any copy books with quotes or whatever (though I do feel like I've seen them somewhere.) What I did is I bought the StartWrite software so I can make my own copy work pages. If you buy it through Homeschool Buyers Co-op, you get 25% off. It has Italic and Italic cursive (along with a million other fonts!) Then you can just get one of those quote books and use those to make your copy work. Or you can use passages from what your kids are already studying, to help reinforce it.