Menu

Stone age Playmobil?

Do any of you Playmobil aficionados have any idea when (or whether) their new Stone Age line might make it to the US? It looks pretty cool!

I don't understand why there's so little Playmobil in the US in general-- Target seems to have stopped carrying it, and Toys R Us has very little. They always seem to find shelf space for other kinds of action figures that seem just as expensive, though. Thank goodness for the interwebs.

Do any of you Playmobil aficionados have any idea when (or whether) their new Stone Age line might make it to the US? It looks pretty cool!

I don't understand why there's so little Playmobil in the US in general-- Target seems to have stopped carrying it, and Toys R Us has very little. They always seem to find shelf space for other kinds of action figures that seem just as expensive, though. Thank goodness for the interwebs.

You can order lots of stuff off the Playmobile website. :-)

The stone age items don't show up in the US version of the Playmobil site, though, just the European versions. I guess I could try ordering on another country's page and just hope it goes through. Has anyone here done that successfully?

I should not have shown the Stone Age Playmobil to my kids. :tongue_smilie: We already have enough to open our own toy store. But wow, the Stone Age sets are SO cool! The SA mom & baby are part of the "mystery bag" figures so it is quite possible Playmobil will release the sets in 2012.

What I've seen in the past is that the new lines and products are released as part of the Nuremberg Toy Messe (a giant toy product show). They seem to then have release dates in Europe that are staggered through the summer and fall. August is a big date for new lines.

I think that most of the products have a delayed date for release to the US. I'm not sure if this is because of trying to meet production demands or because the US Christmas season drives toy ordering to a slightly different schedule. But I can't think of any Playmobil that didn't eventually end up available in the US, with the exception of some of the special promotions linked to department store chains (similar to the special super sets that Target or Toys R Us occasionally did).

Drat, you made me go and look at the German Playmobil site. They are bringing out cool new pirate stuff, that will include British soldiers, just in time to be too late for our American Revolution studies.

Sigh.

But I think the space stuff will find a nice home with the space collection we have from several years ago.