Menu

Here's a neat teen gift

If you have a teen that likes puzzles and also likes to fiddle with his/her hands, BuckyBalls might be a good gift choice. I gave it to my dd13 last Christmas and it's been one gift, besides her rubic cube, that she has enjoyed immensely all year long. However, I do not seem to have the talent for it. I refer to it as the evil toy. :tongue_smilie:

My son wants those so bad, but I have been holding off. I received an e-mail the other day from (believe it was?) the consumer safety agency that they are trying to get them pulled from the market due to numerous serious injuries. If you swallow one, you will be fine. But if you swallow more than one, they can cause serious internal injuries when the magnets are drawn toward each other. We have too many pets in our house, plus small children visiting, to risk it. We do have other magnetic toys, but these are so small and powerful. (I just looked on-line - it looks like they are on voluntary recall right now.)

My son wants those so bad, but I have been holding off. I received an e-mail the other day from (believe it was?) the consumer safety agency that they are trying to get them pulled from the market due to numerous serious injuries. If you swallow one, you will be fine. But if you swallow more than one, they can cause serious internal injuries when the magnets are drawn toward each other. We have too many pets in our house, plus small children visiting, to risk it. We do have other magnetic toys, but these are so small and powerful. (I just looked on-line - it looks like they are on voluntary recall right now.)

That can be a problem when any two magnets are swallowed. There was a big recall on those tiny pollypocket magnets that held the clothes on a few years ago for the same reason. I would put up all magnets if swallowing is a concern.