Menu

WWW3, Lesson 24, Descriptive Paragraph

Beth in SW WA

Not looking for an evaluation. Just letting people have an idea of the types of lessons in WWW3.

My special memory of the wonderful new restaurant, Ice Cream Renaissance, makes my heart leap joyfully. It was a bright, beautiful, hot, sunny afternoon when my mom & I visited ICR after meeting my new, lovely piano teacher, Miss Janet. Excitedly I skipped in and immediately was welcomed to a fresh smell of baked waffle cones and a variety of homemade ice cream made with vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint and coffee. I sat down, looked around, and thought to myself, “How relaxing this restaurant is.” I heard children talking and noisily shouting as they devoured their delicious ice cream cones during a loud, fun birthday party. Finally, the best part began when the helpful waitress brought our tray of vanilla & chocolate ice cream. As I sunk my teeth into the cold, gooey, soft ice cream I was in paradise. With a full tummy I happily got up, said, “Thank you!” and departed. I will never forget that exciting day when I enjoyed my marvelous, tasty dessert made by those talented workers of Ice Cream Renaissance.

Abi, age 8

Ugh Beth. You are really not helping me dislike WWW LOL. I'm trying to convince myself to stick out WWE2 but it's so hard to do both. DS has great things to say, but writing is hard for him. I just don't see WWE alone helping him AT ALL. I have WWW3 also and can't decide how to do both, or one....thing is he is not a big fan of the WWE selections so maybe I should just use the method for other subjects.

I loved her paragraph :)

Thanks, Lisa. She goes a bit overboard on marvelous & lovely. I need a thesaurus iPad app obviously. :tongue_smilie:

This lesson included Day 1 - 5 of Lesson 23 (not 24) -- which she did over 2 writing sessions.

I really enjoy the hand-holding in WWW. Plus, dd likes to rip the pages out of the workbook and staple the lesson together. It looks more manageable that way to her, I guess. She sees the endgame. :)