Menu

Blogging on Wordpress

I've been blogging on wordpress for awhile now. Quite happily too I might add. Never really had any major problems or issues with it.

However I recently noticed when I was at a friend's house that she gets advertisements popping up on the bottom of some of my posts. :001_huh: I never see these when I am managing my blog. I didn't know they were there.

I recently purchased the domain name to my blog hoping that would get rid of the blatant ads but they are still on there. Not every page or post but enough to irk me. :glare:

Is this just something I have to deal with since I am using the free wordpress? Would the ads go away if I paid the $99 yearly fee. (which I would rather not do at this point?) But if it would then what additional features do you get for that price? :confused:

Where did you get the skin you are using? In the past I would just download from one of the random "free WP skins" websites until I discovered that many of these have hidden, embedded code that displays ads.

If you've downloaded the skin directly from WP, it should be okay.

Yes, that is what I did. It was a from WP directly.

FWIW, I don't see any ads on the bottom of the blog you have linked in your siggy.

The one that did have an advertisement was an astronomy post I wrote awhile back. I saw it at the bottom of the entry at my friend's house but when I try pulling it up here (from my home cpu) I don't see anything.

My dh suggested maybe its something that gets added in every X amount of visitors or something?

I suppose its not a Huge deal...:glare: Like I said before I never noticed it and was blissfully ignorant of it.

Is this just something I have to deal with since I am using the free wordpress? Would the ads go away if I paid the $99 yearly fee. (which I would rather not do at this point?) But if it would then what additional features do you get for that price? :confused:

I have heard that some of the themes (especially the free ones) have ads built into them, so even if you upgrade to paying for Wordpress you may still have ads. I am not sure about that though, as I am still using the free version. I just gathered that info on their support forums.

I have heard that some of the themes (especially the free ones) have ads built into them, so even if you upgrade to paying for Wordpress you may still have ads. I am not sure about that though, as I am still using the free version. I just gathered that info on their support forums.

Thanks. I will keep looking researching and doing some digging into the support forums to see if I can pinpoint the problem. I'm still rather new to all this and am by no means compter-savvy. I'm working on it though. :D