Menu

SAT Subject test Homeschool code

Does anyone know if the subject tests use the SAT homeschool code or the PSAT/AP homeschool code?

Is it correct that the SAT has one code for all homeschoolers while the PSAT/AP has one for each state?

And where, on the website, would I find this? I found the codes for the AP? PSAT but not the SAT or the subject tests.

TIA

The SAT/SAT Subject Tests code is 970000. I just looked it up on my son's admission ticket.

Here's a link to a College Board page on homeschooled students and the SAT. It tells you where to look for the code... but does not give it on that page!

http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/tests/meet-tests/21302.html

For the SAT I and Subject Tests, the code is the same nationwide. For the PSAT and AP exams, it varies from state to state.

PSAT: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg/homeschool/state-codes.html

I can't find the link for the school code to use with AP exams. I know it for Maryland (992199).

Patricia

The SAT/SAT Subject Tests code is 970000. I just looked it up on my son's admission ticket.

Here's a link to a College Board page on homeschooled students and the SAT. It tells you where to look for the code... but does not give it on that page!

http://www.collegeboard.com/parents/tests/meet-tests/21302.html

For the SAT I and Subject Tests, the code is the same nationwide. For the PSAT and AP exams, it varies from state to state.

PSAT: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg/homeschool/state-codes.html

I can't find the link for the school code to use with AP exams. I know it for Maryland (992199).

Patricia

I am confused. My son's admission ticket does not have a code. On the College Board site, I found state codes listed on this pdf.

ETA: Don't use the codes on the PDF--they are for the PSAT, not the SAT!

Where does the 970000 code come into play? Is there a separate homeschool code for SAT subjects vs. other SATs?

Thank you!

Jane

we have a printed admission ticket that we received in the mail for the Subject Tests this Saturday because I had to make a phone call to make changes to my son's reservation. In the high school code section (which is green), it says high school code 970000, and under school name, it says Home School Clearing House. The fine print in the green box says, "If you are homeschooled, enter 970000."

I believe that the form you linked refers to the PSAT. For the PSAT, they need to have the homeschoolers "sorted" by state because there are different cut-offs for the National Merit winners in each state. For the SAT, this is not important. The text of what you linked says, "(not your school’s code nor the code that home-schooled students use for the

SAT Program)" -- this leads me to believe that what you linked does refer to the PSAT. They certainly could have been more clear, though.

HTH,

Brenda

we have a printed admission ticket that we received in the mail for the Subject Tests this Saturday because I had to make a phone call to make changes to my son's reservation. In the high school code section (which is green), it says high school code 970000, and under school name, it says Home School Clearing House. The fine print in the green box says, "If you are homeschooled, enter 970000."

I believe that the form you linked refers to the PSAT. For the PSAT, they need to have the homeschoolers "sorted" by state because there are different cut-offs for the National Merit winners in each state. For the SAT, this is not important. The text of what you linked says, "(not your school’s code nor the code that home-schooled students use for the

SAT Program)" -- this leads me to believe that what you linked does refer to the PSAT. They certainly could have been more clear, though.

HTH,

Brenda

Thanks Brenda. We printed the ticket from the Internet and because I could not figure out the high school code, I had left that portion blank. The college board site is not at all obvious when it comes to the code!

Jane

I contacted the college board on this in April. Here is the relevant portion of the reply:

If your high school is not listed you may use 000000 Invalid or Missing Code or 970000 Schooled at Home (it will say New York but it is the universal SAT code for Schooled At Home).

Clear as mud. My take is a student can use either code but it should match whatever is on the admission ticket.

HTH

I contacted the college board on this in April. Here is the relevant portion of the reply:

Clear as mud. My take is a student can use either code but it should match whatever is on the admission ticket.

HTH

I phoned the College Board last night for assistance on this. The operator entered 970000 on the ticket, noting that homeschoolers receive their grades at home so the code is not particularly relevant. Codes are needed for students whose grades are sent to schools as well as home addresses.

Yup, clear as mud.

Jane