Menu

Two more coming home!

Today is the last day of PS for two more of my kiddos!! :D

Wednesday dd came to me after school almost in tears because she had had to go to the office. This dd is the most compliant, easy-going child I have and I was shocked! Once I get the story out of her, it turns out a boy was grabbing her rear while they were in line. She did have to go to the office to write a statement and the boy( who just came back from a suspension for reaching up a girl's shirt) was suspended again. DD did nothing wrong - but the school didn't even let me know about any of it. I went to talk to the principal yesterday and she tried to convince me it was in the best interest of dd to let her continue and pretend like nothing was wrong. Seriously???? My daughter is being groped, obviously has been affected by the whole situation and I'm supposed to pretend that nothing happened?

So - she and ds (in K) are both coming home. I'm thrilled, but very sad for the school. The principal said she dealt with it officially, but unfortunately the parents tend to laugh off this kind of behaviour. I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with kids and make them see the consequences of their behaviour if the parents don't care.

I'm glad we've had the experience but I'm so glad they will be home.