Menu

Proud Mommy Moment

This is probably a shameless brag but better to do it here than on Facebook right? Dh husband was meeting with a client today. The wife is a ps school teacher & the husband is retired and is a very good artists. He brought in some work for dh to look at. Dh called dd in the office to look at it and she said, "wow, these are great. I didn't know you were an artist and that you worked in pointillism style".

The wife said, "wow, you can tell you're homeschooled!"

This is even more amusing when you understand I can't even draw a stick figure but thanks to discovering the wtm method we've been reading art books and visiting museums. It also made me feel better about the fact that we were doing schoolwork at 6pm tonight when they came in.

I love those moments. :001_smile:

That is the kind of thing you hold onto on those days when you swear they have never learned anything ever, ever, ever. :lol:

Yep, and on weeks where a hectic schedule and surprise visits from relatives mean you've done very little actual schoolwork. Several times in the last two weeks we've done math & I basically let her read the rest of the day. :tongue_smilie: