Menu

Dr Hive....should I see the doctor today?

An icky big has made its way through nearly every member of our family. Lots of congestion, junky cough, fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. Everyone is on the upswing now. Fevers are gone, coughs are sounding better, everyone is starting to feel better.

Yesterday my throat was sore due to what I figure is post nasal drip. It is only sore on the right side. Well, last night I happened to notice that the lymph nodes in my neck are also sore on the right side. When I swallow, the pain sort of radiates into my right ear.

Is this something to see a doctor about? Why would the tender nodes come when the illness seems to be clearing up? Of course I googled and it said scary things like if you do not treat tender lymph nodes then the infection can get worse and turn into sepsis or cellulitis. Definitely do not want those! Just wondering if I should call my doc this morning and try to be seen today? What does the Hive think?

Are you taking medicine?

It sounds like the gunk could be turning into a bit of an ear infection. I feel the pain more in my upper teeth/jaw/neck than in my ear. I usually take a decongestant to get the fluid all cleared out.

I rarely go to the doctor for that in myself. I can't remember the last time I went and it does clear up.

Even if it's not that, I'd give it time.