Menu

iPad Game: Scribblenauts Remix for $0.99

DS13's penpal (another homeschooler from this board!) has recommended Scribblenauts Remix for iPad as he has enjoyed it on Nintendo DS for many years. But when it was released for iPad last month, it was $4.99. Yesterday it dropped to $0.99. I don't know if this is a temporary price or not so I thought I would post here in case others are looking for that game. Enjoy!

Edited by RegGuheert

This game is a huge hit here! (We are not having school since today is DS12's birthday!) The gameplay goes like this: On each level you are given an environment and an objective such as "Retrieve the star from the top of the tree". Then you request animate or inanimate objects by typing a description for each, such as "fire-breathing flying cat" and that object appears in the game. Then you interact with the objects you have added to try to achieve the objective. It's quite unbelievable, really, and it allows for a lot of creativity, since there are no "canned" solutions.

Since the game requires you to type to words correctly (offering corrections, as needed), I'm billing it as a game teaching spelling, nouns and adjectives. :D

Here's another one DS13 just told me about: Contre Jour HD now for $0.99. I just bought it on Wednesday for $2.99 for DS12's birthday. :glare: Very nice game, as well. It is also available in a non-HD version for iPhones and iPod Touches: Contre Jour.

I should also mention that Scribblenauts Remix works for iPhones and iPod Touches, also.